Thursday 6 June 2013

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I last updated this blog. There are two reasons for this.

Reason the first: This is a blog about online dating. Once I'd entered into what could be reasonably called a relationship, I wasn't online dating any more. There weren't any humourous stories about crazies or horrible first dates. There was just a relationship. Nice, but not blog-worthy.

Reason the second: I wasn't comfortable about sharing details about someone else once I knew them well. And intimate details about a relationship aren't necessarily something I want to share with random internet people (lovely as you all are...). So I stopped blogging.

So what's changed, you ask. Why are you back?

I'm back because I am no longer in a relationship. He ended it in the classiest way possible, via text message. Nice, right? It wasn't a total shock, I knew things were getting rocky, and we hadn't seen each other very often, but it still left me in a bit of a mess for a couple of days. Now, though, after a good night's sleep, I can see that he was right to end things. He was NOT right to end things with a text. Do NOT do this, people. It's horrible. But he was right that it wouldn't have ever been a long-term thing. It was fun while it lasted (lots and lots of fun!) but we didn't have enough in common to build a lasting relationship, and as he put it, there was no 'spark'. I'll miss him, probably for a while, because we got on so well, but I'm not pining for him, so it's all good.

And now I can rejoin the fun fun world of online dating! I'm actually quite excited about getting out there again and meeting someone new. I'm going to leave it a few weeks before joining a new dating site, as I think it's important not to get into something on the rebound, and I need to get to a stage where I won't be comparing anyone new to the guy I've just broken up with, but I'll definitely be re-entering the fray before too long.

So stay tuned for my future adventures in the world of online dating!

No comments:

Post a Comment